Thursday, March 26, 2009

Selling Oil Stocks.

We have sold an amount of both CHK and SD equal to the total amount we've invested. We've been accumulating SD near 5 and CHK under 15. And have now sold them at SD 7.31 and CHK 19.8. Therefore, all shares we now hold were accumulated at zero cost. We did not make the buy recommendations in this space but did to consulting clients and others so I'm making the notification here and will from this point forward follow oil shares in this space. This interface is not currently allowing me to upload graphs but both of these stocks are at well-defined resistance. I still think oil is going much higher eventually in an inflationary recovery but I think this move is too early and we'll be able to accumulate more at lower levels.. The cover of Apr09 Money Magazine contained the title "Buy Oil Stocks" or something similar and doing the opposite of that cover is probably a good idea. Whenever selling selling at resistance the risk is that the resistance will be overcome in a huge move but since I still own these shares at zero cost, I won't be too unhappy in that case either.